– CALL 2021 –
The call is addressed to finance highly scientifically qualified visiting professors, permanent faculty member of foreign Universities of research or higher education, in order to carry out teaching activities for a limited period, for not less than a total of 20 hours to a maximum of three months (an average of 5 hours per week).
Teaching activities should occur in our Campus during the academic year 2021/2022 and all activities must be completed by 31 December 2022, in:
- Bachelor degree courses;
- Master of Sciences degree courses;
- one-cycle degree and PhD courses activated at the University of Rome Tor Vergata.
To access to this Program any candidate should be invited by one of Tor Vergata Departments (link to the departments list: https://web.uniroma2.it/module/name/Content/newlang/italiano/navpath/CAM/section_parent/5306) on suggestion of one of our professors or researchers.
Once all the proposals have been selected by the hosting Department, the list of candidates will be forwarded to the Visiting Professor Committee to formulate a ranking of the eligible applications.
The assessment by Visiting Professor Committee will apply the following criteria:
- Academic profile;
- Ranking of the institution/university of the Visiting Professor;
- Course schedule;
- Consistency between academic profile and teaching course;
- Relevance of the proposed module to the Course of Study.
As soon as the evaluation will be over, the remainder of the procedure will be managed by the hosting Department.
BEFORE COMING TO ITALY (EU and EXTRA EU VISITING)
documents nedeed for the hosting Department (List of Departments)
- PASSPORT (or other valid identity documentation for EU citizens)
- CODICE FISCALE (FISCAL CODE)
It is an unambiguous, uniform registration system to identify a specific person in Italy. You can get it in the Italian Consulate or Embassy in your Country, before coming, or, once in Italy, at the Agenzia delle Entrate in Roma.
- TAX CERTIFICATION
To avoid double taxation, in line with the International Convention, you should send the tax statement issued by the Tax Authority of the State in which you are resident. (The Convention states that the beneficiary pays taxes in the Country of residence; it also allows the State granting the payment to levy taxes thereon, but within well-defined limits. For the direct application of the Convention, the foreign fiscal authority’s certification contained in the form shall be valid for the tax period contained in the statement starting from the issuing date).
- MODULO INFORMATIVO (INFORMATIVE NOTE)
The MODULO INFORMATIVO is the document with all the Visiting Professor Information nedeed to finalize the contract (SENT BY THE HOSTING DEPARTMENT).
The Modulo Informativo and the related documents (Fiscal Code, Tax certification, Passport) will be sent back to the Department, by mail. The original documents will have to be submitted once in Italy.
- FINAL REPORT
At the end of didactic activity a final report, signed by the Visiting Professor, must be sent to the Head of the host Department.
ONLY EXTRA-EU VISITING
Non EU citizens needs a Self-Employment Visa. For all procedures and information relating to the issuing of visas, only the Consulates of Italy in the country of residence of the visiting professor are competent. The visa issue procedure requires the physical presence of the person concerned, with a valid passport, at the Italian Consulate of the country that issued the passport.
To apply see: http://vistoperitalia.esteri.it/home/en
As self-employment BUSINESS OWNER up to 90 days
· DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR VISA:
- Visa application form;
- recent passport-style photo;
- Valid Passport (for at least three months after visa expiry date);
- Certification about work contract does not constitute subordinate employment;issued by the competent Labour Inspection Service of the Italian DPL (Provincial Labour Office),
- “Nulla Osta” (entry clearance) issued by the competent Italian Police Headquarters;
- Copy of the contract to be finalized;
- Document of accommodation suitability (hotel/residence booking, contract + scan of document in case you decide to live in a private flat).
Documents 4, 5, 6 will be sent by the Hosting Department.
Your contact professor will give you further details relating to 7.
- HEALTH INSURANCE
You can get a short –term health insurance in order to cover the period of your staying in Italy. You may also subscribe a health insurance on the day of your arrival in Italy. It is not compulsory but it allows free assistance in case of emergency.