Call for expressions of interest for the selection of five members of the EIT Governing Board. The EIT Governing Board is entrusted with providing the strategic leadership of the EIT. The board is independent and autonomous in its decision-making and is responsible for the selection, designation and evaluation of the EIT’s Innovation Communities.
Application deadline is 29 September 2017
Innovation Communities are a unique type of partnership within European innovation. Innovation Communities develop innovative products and services, foster new businesses, encourage growth and train a new generation of entrepreneurs. They address focused innovation topics and integrate public and private research organisations, innovative industries, higher education institutions, investors, start-ups and spin-offs into networks that combine the diverse competencies needed to make innovation happen.
There are currently six Innovation Communities and each focuses on a different societal challenge:
- EIT Climate-KIC: addressing climate change mitigation and adaptation
- EIT Digital: addressing Information and Communication Technologies
- EIT InnoEnergy: addressing sustainable energy
- EIT Health: addressing healthy living and active ageing
- EIT Raw Materials: addressing sustainable exploration, extraction, processing, recycling and substitution
- EIT Food: putting Europe at the centre of a global revolution in food innovation and production